01 Dec Paid Opportunity for Freelance Writers at The Africa Centre
Paid Opportunity for Freelance Writers at The Africa Centre
The Africa Centre is inviting applications for paid freelance writing opportunities. As we expand into the next phase of our exciting journey, we are looking for a pool of four talented writers to support the charity in extending its reach and increase its visibility in the UK, Africa and the global diaspora. Writers will be paid for each article that gets published and the rate offered will depend on the length and complexity of the piece.
We welcome applications from writers of all backgrounds and have one position reserved for a writer based in Africa. Successful applicants will join an expanding in-house communication and digital engagement team and will work closely with the head of Marketing and Communications to research and write on topical issues. You will have a proven track record of writing original, compelling and sharable content consistently across various channels. Having demonstrable knowledge of and passion for Africa is essential and an awareness of the wider environment in which The Africa Centre operates will be an advantage.
The role offers a wide and exciting remit, providing a chance to meaningfully contribute to how The Africa Centre brand develops in the next phase of its journey. Writers will help to shape and define the voice of the charity and will be involved in the planning and execution of its content strategy. You will be involved in crafting the voice of The Africa Centre brand across multiple touchpoints including the website, blogs, adverts, email, social media, printed collateral, and other marketing materials.
- Produce and manage online content – web copy, emails, blogs and newsletters etc.
- Implement a brand voice, using guidelines from the new brand strategy and style guide
- Work with third parties where required to plan printed editorial
- Proofread press releases, requests for proposals, position papers and any other documents as required
- Forge strong working relationships with management and other internal departments to ensure that copy direction is on-brand
- Minimum two years of blogging/copywriting experience, preferably in the African/Caribbean space
- Traceable references and evidence of previous work
- Digital fluency and experience of writing for both online and offline channels
- Knowledge of current topics in African art, culture, people, places, politics etc.
- SEO fundamentals and implementation of compliant content strategies
- Experience of adapting voice and writing style across various media
- Ability to multitask, adapt and prioritise under tight deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Qualifications in English, Journalism, Communications or Advertising an advantage
If interested please send your application/CV and any links to your work to email@example.com with the subject: FREELANCE WRITING
**Deadline for applications is 8 Dec 2020.